I love our small community. Some people see it as a breeding ground for gossip and nosiness. Some people hate running into the same students they taught all day at the grocery store. It doesn't bother me. I'm always up for seeing one of my school kiddos out and about. Furthermore, I could CARE LESS about keeping up with the latest news on those who are living around me.
Our little neighborhood is so sweet. Our neighbors are true neighbors. They wave and say hello when they pass. They stop and talk while they're out walking. They bring you fresh tomatoes. They look after your house while you are at work or on vacation. They stop and let your kids admire their dogs. They bring treats during the holidays. True neighbors.
We also have two police officers in our neighborhood (mind you- our neighborhood is just a 1/2 mile loop). These nice gentlemen have assured me that they make many rounds through the neighborhood during the night to check up on things. And let me just tell you...THEY DO!!!
How do I know?
They have come banging on our door twice to notify us...and TWICE I was to blame.
#1- Middle of the night we hear someone banging on our door. It scared me to death. I was pretty sure we were all about to be killed (ok...so maybe I watch too many cop shows). Turns out, it was only one of our neighborhood cops informing us that one of interior car lights were on. He wanted to make sure we didn't have a break in. Nope...my fault. Left the light on.
#2- Last week while we were bathing the boys and we hear another loud knock on the door. It was the second neighborhood police. He said our car door was open (it was dark out, our garage was closed, and all of our exterior lights had already been turned off- so it was obvious we were IN for the night). Nope...just me again. Got both the boys out of the car and never shut the door.
I hope they aren't keeping track of all these incidents. Probably won't be the last.
But, boy am I so thankful that they notice little things like that and check up on us.
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you