Saturday, March 20, 2010

Who's this kid??

BB left on Wednesday for a little road trip to Mississippi with his Gigi. He returns home to us tonight. While he has been gone, I have gotten to spend some quality time with the other two men in my life: Big Daddy and LB.

Let me just say...LB is an entirely different kid when BB isn't around.
  • He isn't as loud. I guess that's because his little voice isn't competing with anyone else.
  • His attention span seems longer. I guess that happens when there isn't someone else around to distract him from what he was originally doing.
  • Dinner time is WAY quieter.
  • He interacts with us. Normally LB just runs about giggling and getting into things. For the last few days he has been wanting to play. Like...real playing...like...sit-down-and-play-this-with-me play.
  • He is trying to talk more. He probably feels overpowered by BB most days. He can barely get a word/grunt in around here. Typically, he does a lot of grunting and pointing. The past few days he has actually been trying to repeat us...which made me realize...when BB is here he probably can't hear us talking to him through all the racket...so how in the world do we expect the kid to learn to talk?
  • He is more loving. Randomly, LB has been running to me and throwing his arms around me.
  • Not to mention the fact that Big Daddy and I have been doing some serious entertaining. I guess I didn't realize how much fun and entertainment BB is for LB.
Who is this kid? Where is my wild LB?

All these things are good. BUT...I can tell that some spunk has left LB. Spunk that can only come from BB. I can tell he misses his BB. I'm enjoying the time. It's been fun to treat LB like an only child for a few days (and to catch my breath and spend a little time with Big Daddy).

1 comment:

  1. awww glad you got some quality time with him! Its nice to get to do that with each of your kids! When my older 4 are gone with their dad every other wkend its a totally different house with just the 2 babies at home. Im sure things will quickly go back to normal when he gets home!

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you