A few afternoons ago I was asked to put my co-teacher's daughter's hair in a ponytail for dance class. Sure, I could do that. So simple. And such a natural part of being a woman, right?
Nope.
It felt awkward to hold her hair and try to brush it at the same time. I couldn't get all the tangles out. And, try as I might, I couldn't get all of the lumps out for a nice, smooth look. I couldn't get the ponytail in just the right position. It was either too high or too low. When I finally got the ponytail holder around her hair, it was obvious I hadn't gotten it on tight enough because the ponytail immediately dropped.
This was devastating to me.
It should have come so naturally to me...BUT it didn't. I need to attend a ponytail training.
And boy am I ever thankful for short buzzed hair that doesn't even have to be brushed in the mornings.
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago
amen! Im very thankful that my daughter likes her hair to be left alone. No pony tails, no barretts, nothing. She is her mothers daughter!
ReplyDelete