Monday, January 18, 2010

Consequences

Still really hitting home the whole choices concept at our house. And, I imagine, we will be for many, many years.

Wise choices = pleasing God
Bad choices = making God sad and suffering the consequence that goes along with your choice

BB wanted to hear a Bible story with a bad guy in it the other night. I told him about Joseph and his coat of many colors (which he had heard before). This time I continued on with the story to tell him about his brothers and how they striped Joesph of his beautiful coat and sold him. And how the brothers killed an animal, poured it's blood on the coat, took the coat back to their father, and made him believe that Joseph had been eaten by a wild animal.

BB was in disbelief.

He piped up, "Well, what happened to them?"

Me: "To who?"

BB: "The brothers?"

Me: "What do you mean what happened to them?"

BB: "What was their consequence? They made a really bad choice so they have to have a consequence."

You got it BB!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you