LB is a terrific sleeper. He always has been.
Although I really can't put my finger on one specific thing we did to guide him in this (and maybe we didn't do anything - maybe it is just part of who he is), I do think being child #2 has something to do with it.
He was #2. I had other things to do- like taking care of his big brother. I didn't bother him. I didn't check in on him. I just let him sleep. The more he slept, the more he wanted to sleep. I stuck him in his crib (after only 3 months of sleeping with us) and let him whimper because, this time, I was an experienced mother.
He loves his sleep. He loves his bed. And when it is nap time, he is ready. He has been known to grab his passie and head towards his room OR even grab you and take you to put him in his bed. He goes to bed at 7:00 each night and wakes between 6:00 and 6:30 each morning. Bedtime is so seriously easy with his kid. Give him his passie, say *nite-nite*, and lay him down. He plops that head face down on his pillow and, many times, he is snoring before I can get back to our bedroom. Such a good boy he is. (Although, he DID take a midnight bottle until he was 12 months...)
What's the problem?
I'll tell you the problem.
The problem comes when the child is sick and can't sleep. Sweet BB - all you would have to do is put him between Big Daddy and I in the bed and he would curl up and drift back to sleep. NOT LB!!! Our bed never has equalled sleep for him. We have tried to lay him in bed with us many nights when he has been congested. He starts out like he MIGHT lay down and then it ends with us playing peek-a-boo or some other form of play.
And rocking? Oh, that doesn't work either. Rocking isn't relaxing or soothing and it doesn't put him to sleep. I don't know why I even bother to keep the rocker in his room. (Other then the fact that it would make me too terribly sad to put it away.)
So, when LB is sick and can't sleep we watch The Wiggles On-Demand. Works every.time. And, if you arrange the pillows just right, you can prop your head on them and catch some z's while he watches.
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you