I'm not a fan of long posts...I start to skim mid way (and you probably will too)...
I'm warning you, this is long...hang in with me...
I know you wonder how I faithfully provide you with daily musings from the Compton household. Being a wonderful wife and mother and all...how do I have time???
Here's my secret...I have this on going list of things I want to blog about. Twice a month, I sit down, review the list, and write two weeks worth of posts. Then I set the ole' blogger to release one each morning at 8:00. Just didn't want you to think that I'm just sitting around on the computer all day...I have other things, bigger things, to do :)
However, I do not pre write my Sunday posts. Sundays are my recipe days. I can't exactly write a post ahead of time about a fabulous meal I have cook the previous week...I'm good, but not that good. So, I leave Sunday out and then try to carve out time to put in a recipe. Which...doesn't always happen. I didn't get it done yesterday...SO...that means you get two posts today...aren't you lucky!!!!
All that to say....
I have finished my two weeks of slow cooker meals. I did it!!! All meals from my crock-pot directly to our plates. Eight meals total. They were all delicious. There were plenty of leftovers. With the leftovers I packed our lunches for the next day, we enjoyed some again for dinner, and I even managed to freeze some for meals down the road.
The cons: The actual planning of the meals and making the grocery list.
The pros: I saved money at the grocery store, because my purchases were very intentional. We also saved money because we didn't purchase lunches at school...nor...did we stop, on a whim, to eat out somewhere...because there was dinner waiting for us at home. We also ate much healthier. No stress trying to run home after work and try to decide what to fix for dinner. It was already DONE!!! The yummy smell hit our noses the second we stepped foot into the house.
Not to mention, I get this feeling of satisfaction when I provide yummy meals for my boys.
other tid-bits....
I tried out the crock-pot cake. The ingredients: chocolate cake mix, chocolate pudding, sour cream, chocolate chips, milk, oil, and eggs. Those ingredients alone sounded heavenly. Umm...not so much. It wasn't good. I managed to down a slice, which I covered in ice cream, but I tossed the rest.
This week's fav was Continental Chicken
1 pk Dried beef
Chicken breast
Bacon
1/4 c Flour
1/4 c Sour cream
1 can Mushroom soup
On bottom of greased crock-pot, arrange dried beef. Wrap each piece of chicken with a strip of bacon and lay on top of dried beef. In a small bowl, blend sour cream and flour, add soup and mix thoroughly. Pour mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on low, 8 to 10 hours (or 3 to 5 hours on high heat). Serve over hot noodles.
All recipes came from Fix-It-And-Forget-It.
There you have it folks. I am already prepared for the upcoming two weeks. I did our meal planning and grocery shopping yesterday. I am looking forward to another two weeks of good eating.
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me hear from you