Sunday, January 10, 2010

Eating like kings

Can I just say that I have provided my family with some killer meals this week. Killer. All in my fancy cooker. There was a ton of food at my house. Here is what we had this week:

Monday was roast with carrots and potatoes.
Tuesday was lasagna.
Wednesday we ate leftovers.
Thursday was chicken noodle soup.
Friday was BBQ. Killer BBQ. Killer, I tell ya.
Saturday more leftovers.

I'm had a hard time trying to decide which yummy recipe to share with you today. I settled on the lasagna to try to redeem myself from this post.

-8 lasagna noodles - uncooked
-1 lb. ground beef - browned and drained
-1 large jar of spaghetti sauce (like Prego)
-1 can of mushrooms
-1 container of ricotta cheese
-2 cups of shredded mozzarella

1. Spray your cooker with non-stick spray.
2. Break 4 of the noodles in half and line the bottom of your cooker with these 8 pieces.
3. Spread 1/2 of the beef on top of noodles.
4. Layer half of the spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, ricotta and mozzarella on top of the beef.
5. Break the remaining 4 noodles in half and start a new layer.
6. Repeat beef layer, spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, ricotta, and mozzarella layer.
7. Cook for 5 hours on low.

I'm looking forward to another week of yummy meals. I am trying the chocolate slow cooker cake this week, so I am anxious to see how it turns out.

Please, run...right now...and purchase yourself this cookbook.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! How did you make the BBQ, and what slow cooker book do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Fix It and Forget It. It is soooo awesome. I will post the recipe for the BBQ.

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you